[Amps] 1N Diodes

k9mk at flash.net k9mk at flash.net
Thu Jul 1 10:00:10 EDT 2021

Greetings to the Group,

    IMHO bigger is usually better.  I may have missed it in the threads here, but I also look at the "peak" current for the part.  This usually tracks the forward current rating but plays a factor in recharging the filter caps each cycle where the currents can well exceed an amp, or two or three.  Although some may scoff, I found some 6-amp 1KV diodes, most likely from China that work quite well in over a dozen amplifier rebuilds with notable less HV sag at max output.

YMMV

Mike K9MK