[Amps] FT8 power with the KPA1500

Jeff Blaine KeepWalking188 at ac0c.com
Sat Jul 10 13:03:50 EDT 2021

I don't know about 100% ICAS.  But I can say from personal experience,
the KPA1500 is able to withstand years of RTTY contest duty without a
problem, other than a lot of fan noise when it really gets warmed up good.

Can't say anything with respect to proper levels on FT8 as I don't run
the mode.  But the logic of reducing the power may not actually provide
any benefit TO THE AMP.  If I remember right, the amp's disipation was
about the same at 500W or 1KW as at 1500W. Can't remember but that would
be one thing to check.  Dialing back on the Po does not mean you are
getting a corresponding drop in Pd.

Good luck.

73/jeff/ac0c
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie