[Amps] KPA1500 Efficiency vs. RF-Kit B26

Artek Manuals Manuals at ArtekManuals.com
Tue Jul 13 16:52:06 EDT 2021

Yep ....same here with my KPA1500 though I rarely see temps over 70C (Im
not as good a contester as K9YC) . 25000 QSO's in the first two years of
ownership...I put the Alpha 9500 in the cabinet as a spare and it has
never seen the light of days since ..

The fault level according to the manual is 112C

Back in the good old days at Bipolar days at Motorola 2-Way we had PA
decks get hot enough the reflow the solder on the PA transistors on the
ceramic substrate...8^)

Dave
NR1DX

Dave Manuals at ArtekManuals.com www.ArtekManuals.com