[Amps] 300Hz sidebands

Conrad PA5Y g0ruz at g0ruz.com
Mon May 24 14:09:28 EDT 2021

Hello Geert.

Yes, I did try 3 different drivers, and several amplifiers off this HT supply. The same result.

K3S>transverter>driver amp> PA
TS2000
IC746

Same result.

I eventually got the supply out of the rack and took the lid off. The reason for the sidebands was quite obvious, a previous owner had removed the HT choke, I also tested the 8uF cap, it was 7.85uF my DER EE DE 5000 LCR meter. The original choke will be sent to me this week. These sidebands have been there for the 5 years that I have run this amp.

Regards

Conrad PA5Y