[Amps] Alpha 76PA Conversion - Drive Issue

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 18:12:34 EST 2021

I’m looking for an original transformer for a 76 3 tube..

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Tuesday, November 30, 2021, 5:06 PM, Carol Richards <n2mm at comcast.net> wrote:

Steve,

I had N4UQ make the conversion several years ago on my 78. I used original new Eimac 3CX800 s. I found the same results as you……1300 w output with 80w drive. My alpha 76PA gets full output with 3-8874 with the same input.

I replaced the transformers in each with hyper-sil ones and had a vacuum relay put in the 78 for full QSK. Now it is no tune from 80-10m.

Due to my age and physical limitations. They are both for sale if you know of anyone. Each is a fraction of the cost of today’s amps.

Carol

Sent from my iPhone