[Amps] Alpha 76PA Conversion - Drive Issue

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Tue Nov 30 18:40:22 EST 2021

3cx800 tubes like 2600-2700 on the plates for maximum gain.   2000 volts is a bit anemic for 3cx800 tubes.  That modification was good when 3cx800 tubes were plentiful.  They are going in the same direction as 3cx400’s did now and the modification doesn’t make much sense anymore.  I’d settle for a used Commander these days..

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS