[Amps] MLA-2500 Tube Conversion

Roger Parsons ve3zi at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 10 17:41:52 EDT 2021

I converted an MLA2500 to a single 3CX800A7 some years ago, and it works fine. If I was doing it again I think I would probably use a pair of GI7Bs which are much cheaper.

I don't think you need an extra filament transformer - the existing transformer has a 12V 4A winding which is plenty. (As others have mentioned, the voltage will probably be too high and a series resistor is called for.) The 6V winding can then have a voltage doubler on it to supply relays and and LEDs.

73 Roger
VE3ZI