[Amps] Hole punches

jim.thom jim.thom@telus.net jim.thom at telus.net
Sun Oct 10 20:52:21 EDT 2021

<Colin,
<Don't give up on your hole saw just yet. You may be able add another layer
<against the piece of aluminum you wish to enlarge or even a piece of thin
<plywood and let that be your new guide for the saw to engage with and
allow you <to drill out your new hole. Like a sandwich of the two pieces.
<Have used this trick a few times over the years for such a problem.
<73,Kathy w2nk

##  Ingenious !   Why the heck didnt I think of that....50 years ago ?

##  BTW,  I have 2-3 of those stepped reamers.... think the biggest one
goes up to at least  .75 inch.

##  also have greenlee small dies for  SO-239  stuff.   And also a  10 ton
hydraulic punch kit ( $100.00) from harbor freight..... works superb...and
also can use my large greenlee punches.   Super fast doing  meter holes,
fan holes, blower holes, socket holes for tube sockets etc.

Jim  VE7RF