[Amps] solid state amp ?

David Gow 6146guy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 22:09:14 EDT 2021

My Ameritrom ALS-1306 has been faultless for three years now and has made
many DX contacts on SSB and SSB.  It is not glamorous but the price is
right.  If I really want to hit hard in a contest or pile-up I use my Henry
3KA at the legal limit but the daily driver is the Ameritron.There are
several hams in this area who also use the ALS-1306 and are happy with
them,  It may not be glamorous but it puts our reliable RF with no
microprocessors. It works flawlessly with my IC-7300 for
automatically tracking the transceiver band changes.  .Early on I had
questions and Ameritron service answered them quickly and helpfully.