[Amps] solid state amp ?

Morgan Bailey, II mcb2179 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 07:37:59 EDT 2021

The Mercury III is a great amplifier.  I don't own one, but my father,
NJ8M, owns two of them.  They have around a 3 or 4 hour assembly time but
it is very simple.   It took around three months for them to arrive but
from what I understand they have improved their process to shorten that
lead time.  They are  not a legal limit amplifier, but 20 watts in gives
around 1300 watts out on a 220v circuit.  They loaf at 1kw CW with very
little fan noise compared to the KPA1500.

In my opinion they are about the best deal out there for a solid state
amplifier at around $2/watt.  After he purchased the Mercury amps he sold
his KPA1500.

73, Morgan, NS0R