[Amps] Kenwood TL-922 Loading Cap Needed & AL82 Plate Tuning

Thomas Walsh w2co at comcast.net
Tue Apr 12 13:05:18 EDT 2022

Could you possibly disassemble the cap assy and replace/repair only the
damaged plates??
I just did this on a 9500, and that's what I plan on doing with the
TL-922 if it ever goes..
More commonly it's the Plate tune caps that arc the most, especially
with high vswr.
I think the swr has to be much worse to cause arcing at the load cap..
GL,
Tom
W2CO