[Amps] Kenwood TL-922 Loading Cap Needed & AL82 Plate Tuning

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 14:53:34 EDT 2022

I did this on my TL-922. The loading cap arced after I very stupidly ran
it with high SWR. I took the cap out -- it was impossible to do it in
place -- and used a needle file, relay burnishing tool, and fine
sandpaper to clean the plates up. It was difficult because the spacing
on the loading cap is very small.
I had lots of time to think about what an idiot I was. Believe me, I am
very careful about SWR since then.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel