[Amps] Actuating a 120 VDC relay with low voltage

gudguyham at aol.com gudguyham at aol.com
Mon Dec 26 17:47:20 EST 2022

Use a Harbach soft key for an SB220 or use mine.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

On Monday, December 26, 2022, 5:04 PM, Steve London <n2icarrl at gmail.com> wrote:

I have an old PT-2500A with a 120 volt relay. Modern radios don't like such
a high voltage on their PTT circuit.

Can someone point me to a circuit that will allow control of the 120 volt
PTT relay with something in the 12-24 volt range ? Seems like it should be
pretty simple with a transistor that can handle 120 volts collector to
emitter, but I would rather have a tried-and-true circuit so I don't screw
something up.

Thanks and 73,
Steve, N2IC