[Amps] three phase (try again)

Paul Decker kg7hf at comcast.net
Thu Dec 29 13:01:46 EST 2022

Hello group,

I've been exploring ways to get an AN/URT-23D running. It requires about 6KW, 60Hz 208V 3-phase power.

I know I can use a rotary phase converter to create three phase from single phase.  There are 1 to 3 phase Variable Frequency Drives on Amazon for a couple hundred dollars, like the HKS VFD 7.5KW 10HP.

There is a note in the hookup that says:  "Three phase output can only connect to pure resistance or pure inductance such as motors or electric heaters.

My input is a Delta or Lambda transformer for control, bias, heater, and plate voltages.  Would one of these VFD's work to convert single phase to 3 phase?  Barring any EMI switching issues they may have.

Thanks,