[Amps] 8877

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Wed Jan 26 17:21:03 EST 2022

I concur that with proper use and even with an occasional oops wrong
antenna, an 8877/3CX1500 will last a long time. Still it nice to know where
to get replacements if needed or wanted for spares.

Does DX Engineering intend to sell these tubes?
https://www.dxengineering.com/parts/dxe-8877

73,
John KK9A

Tim Duffy k3lr wrote:

I have 25 amplifiers here that use 8877s. It is a really good tube for
amateur use at 1500 watts output.

Some of my amplifiers have 8877s with date codes in the 1970s and they are
still going strong.

With care - 8877s last a long time.

I built a 8877 tube tester several years ago to insure I can keep these
amplifiers going for many more years

73
Tim K3LR