[Amps] Measuring filament voltage

Radio WC6W wc6w_amps at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 13:07:29 EDT 2022

 A while after my post on this topic, I recalled a design I created about a decade ago, for a RMS meter in an Audio Compressor, using a microprocessor.

 Exact accuracy was not a requirement in this instance but, for precision measurement a voltage reference may be added to the circuit.

 A dual op-amp absolute value circuit conditions the AC input and the microprocessor has an integral 10 bit A/D converter.

 The output from the micro was PWM driving an analog meter. For the HV application, this could drive a fiber optic transmitter.

 At the fiber optic receiver, a precision reference would also be required, and the recovered signal could likewise drive an analog meter.

 At single pot on the receive side would calibrate the entire system.

 For this 60Hz application, sampling at 50KHz, 833 samples would just about fit one cycle of the AC to be RMS'ed.

 Just for "fun", I search the 'net for an ancient fiber optic system with which I've had some familiarity.

 This link was returned: https://www.storinmarket.club/detail/Hp-R-2501-Snap-in-Fiber-Optic-Data-5mbd-Transmission-System-Transceiver-Cable_1t3bfdihaihbgfe.html

 Looking at the product offered, it appears to include two receivers and no transmitter! Gotta love the internet!

73,
 Marv WC6W