[Amps] Why does power output increase?

Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP k2vco.vic at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:51:26 EDT 2022

1. I have often wondered whether the filament voltage should be measured
under full power or in standby. I operate CW only, so even during a
transmission, 50% of the time the voltage is at the key up value. And
probably more than 90% of the time the amp is on, I am not transmitting.
That means that the filament voltage would be high most of the time.

I guess the question is whether the high filament voltage condition
during standby would reduce tube life -- or if slightly low voltage in
key-down would be worse. Another interesting question!

2. See my previous message.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel