[Amps] Modern Op-Amp shunt stabilizator power supply (for tetrodescr

Steve Thompson g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 08:35:38 EST 2022

A while ago I breadboarded a screen regulator supply with some
similarities to Jim's design. One of these was that the 'pull down'
transistor could act as a clamp if there was a flashover to the screen.

I was fortunate enough not to test that function but I had a couple of
questions which I never found answers for:

How much current flows during a flashover to the screen (assuming the
amp has a sensible glitch resistor in the HV supply) and

How long does a flashover last?

Worst case guesses are simple enough but I don't know how the physics
of the arc affects things in practice.

Steve G8GSQ