[Amps] Western Electric

Benjamin Deovlet w6fdu at aol.com
Wed Mar 23 00:23:11 EDT 2022

Would it reduce sideband splatter?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary K9GS <k9gs at gjschwartz.com>
To: amps at contesting.com
Sent: Tue, Mar 22, 2022 8:55 pm
Subject: Re: [Amps] Western Electric

One of my favorites. Pangea Audio Premier SE AC NEMA 5-20P Power Receptacle Wall Outlethttps://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DTHF1LS/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_i_45N2GR4MEY9VKZ5EMNYF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=173,Gary K9GS
-------- Original message --------From: Jim Brown <jim at audiosystemsgroup.com> Date: 3/22/22  10:57 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: amps at contesting.com Subject: Re: [Amps] Western Electric On 3/22/2022 7:44 PM, Kim Elmore wrote:> I once heard them derisively described as “audiophools.” I’ve seen some horrifically expensive audio gear whose specifications are rather mediocre compared to modern solid state gear. I've used that word myself! Almost 20 years ago, I was walking down the street in Zurich on my way to speak to an AES Chapter meeting (a stopover returning from the convention which had been held in Vienna), and we passed a shop catering to these folks with a monstrous speaker cable with a price tag of more than $1,000 (in Swiss Francs). The cable couldn't have been 20 ft long. I took a photo of it, but managed to lose the camera on the flight back to Chicago.When people ask me about stereo gear, I direct them to mainstream stuff of moderate cost, and tell them to use the money they've saved to buy records by Billie Holiday and Lester Young.73, Jim K9YC_______________________________________________Amps mailing listAmps at contesting.comhttp://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/amps