[Amps] Western Electric

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Wed Mar 23 02:24:57 EDT 2022

On 3/22/2022 11:05 PM, ve3rwj at winsystem.org wrote:
> Guys, it's a little off-topic, but while we are talking about audio gear, have any of you played with the Heil "Parametric Receive Audio System"?
>
> I have it on the desk here this week, and... I'm underwhelmed.

Also in the world of real pro audio, Bose has deservedly earned the
reputation of "better sound through marketing." It fits Heil perfectly.

FWIW, I'm a Fellow of the AES, have been a member of the AES Standards
Committee Working Group on Microphones for 30 years, and am still
Vice-Chair of the Working Group on EMC. When I was active in the
industry (about 40 years) I attended at least one AES Convention a year.
I've yet to meet Bob Heil or anyone from his company, nor do I recall
seeing a booth for his company. His claim to fame is as a rock and roll
sound man for one or more big acts.

That RFI with the parametric is almost certainly a Pin One Problem,
which the pro audio world had discovered in 1994 (by a ham) and most of
the serious players in the 5-10 years that followed.

73, Jim K9YC