[Amps] Western Electric

ve3rwj at winsystem.org ve3rwj at winsystem.org
Wed Mar 23 02:37:43 EDT 2022

FWIW, I'm a Fellow of the AES, have been a member of the AES Standards Committee Working Group on Microphones for 30 years, and am still Vice-Chair of the Working Group on EMC. When I was active in the industry (about 40 years) I attended at least one AES Convention a year.
I've yet to meet Bob Heil or anyone from his company, nor do I recall seeing a booth for his company. His claim to fame is as a rock and roll sound man for one or more big acts.

Hmm, thank you. That is most interesting.

When he spoke to my local club via Zoom recently, I made sure to have my trusty Shure SM7B visible. He was not amused.

Look up most of his presentations on Youtube and count the Plosives. 😊

That said, I've owned and gotten good audio reports using a couple of his microphones on the air, the HM-12, and the HM-Pro.
I still own and use those HTH headsets with my various HT's.
I'm not anti-Heil products per se, just some of them. (PRAS EQ, and the HMM, a $85 plastic hand mic)