[Amps] DRAKE L-4 AMP - 'rewiring the ON/OFF switch"

A Lawrence Fibich lfibich at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 30 21:02:35 EST 2022

Might be a bit hard to explain - so if you have/know this unit perhaps can talk off line?  I am rewiring the ON/OFF switch so the 220VAC doesn't go through the switch. Using an AC relay (output/control side) - to Switch/connect the power lines previously mounted to the ON/OFF switch. Then the ON/OFF switch is now used to 'turn on' the relay - power to the relay - comes from the Filament circuit via the ON/OFF switch to one side of the input/control on the AC relay - and the other terminal on the input of the AC relay is then grounded.Something just doesn't 'feel right' in having the one side 'grounded' - and asking/wondering if a problem. Another thought is ? if I should use a resistor of some value to decrease the voltage in this circuit going to the chassis ground? Thoughts and experience doing this on this unit is appreciated.73Larry F.W6EFLFibich at sbcglobal.net