[Amps] Pem Nuts ?

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Tue Oct 25 20:21:01 EDT 2022

PEM nuts are self clinching nuts manufactured by Penn Engineering. Other
companies make similar nuts. Self clinching studs are also available. They
are a common sight at metal manufacturing companies, some companies even
have special insertion machines. The sheet metal hole size is very critical.
They work very well and I would be surprised if PEM type nuts were not in
some of the chassis inside your shack.

John KK9A

Jim VE7RF wrote:

Has anybody here ever used ..'PEM NUTS' ?? I have zero experience with
them. Rich Measures, AG6K (SK) was a big advocate of pem nuts. But I never
followed up on it.
It would seem to be an eloquent solution for some applications.