[Amps] 10 kw CCS on 6M. Part-3

Donald Fox taurusshoguy at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 21:41:40 EDT 2022

As we like to say on the car forums I frequent, I'll be "that guy."
I think the project is great, and I'm glad it's being shared here. Last time I looked, this IS an amplifier reflector, correct?

This hoity, toity nonsense of hams sticking their nose up in the air when someone asks a question, or heaven forbid, shares something like this project, is getting really old. Reminds me of Eeyore on Winnie the Pooh. Just like the car forums I frequent, I listen a lot, and add to the conversation when I feel I can lend help.
It's been my understanding for the 41+ years I have enjoyed this hobby, that part of ham radio, is the encouragement to design, and/or build some of your equipment. Seems to me like that is what this fellow is doing.
Nobody knows everything, although there are some here who think they do. I know I don't, and have zero trouble putting it out there.

As mentioned already, just because you have a fast car, does not mean you drive it fast on a public roadway. With 25+ years of law enforcement experience here, I am not aware of any state, that limits how FAST one gets to the speed limit, as ,long as they are not dangerous or out of control doing it.

There is a video on Youtube, where a west coast 11 meter fellow designed and built his own 50kw amp. Indeed, putting it on the air is illegal as all get out, BUT if you a know anything about high power, he's no dummy. I would welcome someone with that level of high power experience (John K5PRO) comes to mind, in a heartbeat.

It is said, that money does not guarantee brains. Neither does a ham license. All one has to do is dial up 7.200 or similar. Garbage like that makes ALL of us look bad to a potential ham.

Rant mode off!

Don N8ECH