[Antennaware] Force 12 Sigma-5

Warren Rothberg w4wr at bellsouth.net
Sat Oct 18 16:14:35 EDT 2003

OK, I'm a newbie to the group. I did search the archives first, tho.

I am CC&R'ed to death here in my gated condo community with no outside
ground I can call my own (EVERYTHING outside my walls is common element).

My directors have agreed to let me have a "small" antenna as long as it
is not a "permanent fixture". Thus I now have a Hustler Mag-mount on my
roof air conditioner. This has been SO effective, I have been off the
air for more than 2 years. (I watch the DX Clusters with such envy!)

Both Force 12 and the QST review of the Sigma 5 recommend operation at
ground level for optimum effectiveness. My only choice is a corner of my
roof at 15 feet AGL. At that point it would be 10 feet away from my A/C
unit.

So here's the question: Does anyone have experience with this antenna
at 10 to 20 feet off the ground and can you compare it with ground
operation?

Thanks,

Warren, W4WR

W4WR: Feb 26, 1998 - Present
K4VP: Feb 07, 1997 - Feb 26, 1998
WB1HBB: Mar 28, 1978 - Feb 07, 1997

PJ7/WB1HBB: Oct 21, 1994 - Oct 29, 1994
VP2E/WB1HBB: Aug 15, 1994 - Dec 31, 1994
PJ8/W4WR: Oct 17, 1998 - Dec 21, 1999

NB Contest Club, Trustee:
WB1HBB: May 31, 2002 - Present
KB1BOO: Mar 05, 1995 - May 30, 2002