[Antennaware] RE: Hygain Hy-tower

Rex Lint rex at lint.mv.com
Sun Oct 19 14:59:09 EDT 2003

Gregg,

I'd suggest you do this:  Cut several short "pigtails" from coax and put
PL259's on one end of each.  Connect all the grounds of the other ends
together and hook it to the coax shield connection on the HT. Solder the
other end of each of the pigtails to the different "tap" points on the coil.

Buy yourself one of the remote coax switches. Plug the PL259's into the
remote-controlled coax switch.  You can now select tap points by selecting
different "antennas" with the remote control.

And you didn't have to build it!

Rex

Rex Lint
K1HI