[Antennaware] TH7DX 15m high swr

w8aef@dboens.com paul at w8aef.com
Tue Aug 30 21:12:48 EDT 2005

I would start with a visual inspection of the traps on the driven elements.
Remove the screw that secures the sleeve to the element and then slide the
sleeve to expose the coil and coil form.  If/when you find a damaged coil be
sure and check the other 3 for that band as they are probably all burned.

Our club's TH3-jr had similar symptoms and I found the insulator had carbon
traces from an arc - high power applied to a low power antenna.  I removed
the wire from the form, cleaned the carbon from the form with a brush and
isopropyl (sp) alcohol, rewound the coils with new wire and everything works
fine now.

I have found that Hygain is real good on replacement parts.

de Paul, W8AEF