[Antennaware] Versatile Antenna over good ground

ROBERT WEBB g0urr at btopenworld.com
Mon Apr 30 09:36:37 EDT 2007

Hi Guys, having been off the air for a few years, I now have a new career where i have a lot of wooded land at my disposal, trees are at around 30ft average height, with appx 400ft of cleared woodland to put antenna in. My work area was until recently a bog ! and we are now only a foot or so over the water table. Outside of the main pathways and car park area there is a lot of water !

  What would you guys suggest, a large dipole, an end fed long wire fed against the substantial earth available with 30ft vertical and the rest horizontal ?

  I mainly play on 40m, 80m and top band, with a vertical planned for the 10, 15, 20 m bands etc

  any ideas will be gratefully recieved

  Cheers

  Robb
  G0URR