[Antennaware] Electrostatic Shielded Loop Antenna

Andrew Ingraham ingraham.ma.ultranet at rcn.com
Mon Apr 30 11:44:22 EDT 2007

If you decide to go ahead with this, I suspect that the velocity factor of
the hardline does not figure into your calculation of loop size, because the
signal in the shielded loop does not exist between the inner and outer
conductors.  It is my understanding that the shield is the actual antenna
element, and the coax effectively just couples the signal from there to the
inner conductor (or the other way for transmitting).  So your loop formula
probably needs to be 1005/f, not 814/f.

Andy