[Antennaware] Trapped dipoles

Guy Olinger, K2AV olinger at bellsouth.net
Fri Nov 16 16:53:09 EST 2007

The intent was to reduce the amount of circulating current in the trap at the
operating frequencies. However, this also changes the placement of the trap,
the trap component values and the wire lengths involved for the same two
frequencies. The pattern of the antenna on the higher frequency changes some
because there is more current on the higher frequency in the outer sections.

Very tricky stuff.  Can be modeled in EZNEC for sure and probably other
programs.