[Antennaware] Phased Verticals

Brad Smith decaturbrad at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 12:14:18 EDT 2007

Since COMTEK is back-ordered at this time, I'm trying to phase two 75 meter verticals using the old coax trick. When fed directly with 50m coax, each antenna resonates at 3.8mHz fine, with good SWR.  However, when I add the quarter-wave matching section, I can't get the SWR down to a low level below 2:1 above 3.6mHz, despite how much I shorten the verticals.  The phasing line is made of 50 Ohm coax cut  to the followng formula:

  246/3.8=64.7 x .66 (VF)=42.7 feet.

  What am I doing wrong?

  73,
  Brad