[Antennaware] Electrons

Stephen Kangas stephen at kangas.com
Sat Feb 14 22:27:00 EST 2009

No sure what you mean by "radiated" electrons.

An antenna does not emit or radiate electrons.  The electrons are flowing
inside the conductive materials of the antenna (eg, elements, balun/unun,
tranmission line, etc).  The moving electrons create a combination electric
and magnetic fields (at right angles to each other), which combination is
known as an electromagnetic field.  The commonly accepted physics definition
of "field" affects particles/electrons at a distance; hopefully, strong
enough to affect a *great* distance.  Thus, the antenna is "radiating" an
electromagnetic field, not electrons.