[Antennaware] 2 element tribanders

John Geiger aa5jg at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 22 07:52:39 PDT 2009

I have been looking at getting a 2 element tribander up on the roof tripod, so its height will be about 25 feet or so above ground.  The 2 elements ones I have seen on the market with a manageable boom length (6 feet or so) for me include the Mosley TA32jr, Mini 32, and Mini 33, the Cushcraft MA5B, and the Hy-Gain TH2.  In looking at the specs of these antennas there seems to be some real differences in the advertised gain, in the order or 2 or more DB difference on some bands.  Has anyone modeled these antennas at a low height (or used one at a low height) and could comment on their performance or modeled gain?

73s John AA5JG