[Antennaware] EZNEC Element Correction Factors

Charlie Ocker N9CO at aol.com
Tue Jan 21 19:18:54 EST 2014

Hi Gedas,

I am not familiar with this correction technique, so I cannot comment,
but I do have experience with the boom *and* element clamp correction
method employed in K6STI's Yagi Optimizer (YO) code.  It puts a "dummy"
element of a certain length and diameter at the boom end of the element.

Subsequent modelling in EZNEC (including the "dummy" element) reveals a
very tight correlation, and better still, building the Yagi to the
dimensions given by YO (and verified in EZNEC) results in an antenna
that appears to meet all the initial design criteria.

I have done this for a number of Yagi's designs ranging from 6m to 20m.

73,
Charlie  N9CO