[Antennaware] FW: Fwd: Modelling yagi split DE

Charlie Ocker via Antennaware antennaware at contesting.com
Thu Jul 10 08:18:39 EDT 2014

Hi Joe -

Thank you for the tips!  I was mainly trying to use EZNEC to validate
the YO generated design.  YO has the ability to account for balun leads
- both length and wire size - as well as the spacing between the DE.  It
seemed logical to me to model the DE "split" with a wire, and apply the
EZNEC source to the center of it.  This method does not work.

I've learned that you need to keep something adjustable on homebrew
yagi's that started life as a computer model.  I plan to leave the DE
tips adjustable and have a couple of iterations of taking the yagi up
30' or so on the tram and back down again for tweaking.

73,
Charlie  N9CO