[Antennaware] Quagi 20-10

weinfurt weinfurt at intelliwave.com
Thu Jul 10 15:13:17 EDT 2014

Hi all,
      I have a 20-10 Quad, 2 element with 8' boom, at 50' that has
worked well for me.  Have had it about 5 years.  Setting on my garage
roof is a pair of directors (Dir 1 and Dir 2) for a 4 element Yagi
tribander.   I have thought of what it would take to set it up with the
quad as reflector and driven elements and the 2 directors as added elements.

      (A quagi is an antenna with quad horizontal polarization of
reflector and driven element, with one or more yagi directors.)

      I know a lot a things would change, resistance, spacing of
elements, etc., and of course boom length. I have enough boom material
to go to 28' total length.  Wondering what  the gain, swr,
diretctivity,  f/b would be and would it be worth the work to do it.  I
have seen them built for 2 meters, but a tribander on 20-15 and 10 would
be unique, haven't seen that one yet!

      I don't have any computer modeling software for antenna's and
wondered if anyone would or could model such a set up that I am
envisioning, in paragraph one.  I have a machine shop in my garage and
can weld aluminum, all kinds of antenna test equipment, etc.

Much appreciated,
73 de  NS8O
Greg Weinfurtner,
Albany, ohio