[Antennaware] Trap design

Don Webster k9muf at aol.com
Thu May 30 07:19:04 EDT 2019

David,

Yardley Beers, W0JF wrote an article in the August 1987 issue of Ham Radio about a "new approach to designing trap antennas". It dealt with the design frequency of the traps being about  midway between the two bands.

I built a 3 element yagi for 12 and 17 meters using his approach and it works very well. You have to adjust the length of the elements to compensate for effects of the traps.

Don
K9MUF