[Antennaware] EZNEC how to model a 4:1 balun

David Gould dave at g3ueg.co.uk
Mon Mar 25 13:36:49 EDT 2024

I am using Pro/2 v 7.0.

I have been through the EZNEC help and the test drive around the track,
but the examples are all more complex than I am looking for so I am
having trouble getting to the basics.

I would like to model a variation of a centre fed dipole (over a wide
frequency range) that has a 4:1 balun at its feed point.   Is there an
example anywhere I could use to copy from?

Currently I am just using a straight wire with the source at 50% along.
Can I develop from this or do I have to split it into two separate wires?

I am mainly interested in the impedance transformation to the 50 ohm
feedline coax.

Any help would be appreciated.

73,

Dave  G3UEG