[Antennaware] EZNEC how to model a 4:1 balun

Joe Subich, W4TV lists at subich.com
Mon Mar 25 14:23:42 EDT 2024

 > I am mainly interested in the impedance transformation to the 50 ohm
 > feedline coax.

Why not just use Alternate SWR Zo = 200 Ohms?  That will give you the
50 Ohm SWR after the 4:1 "balun" assuming the balun is a broadband
current balun.

Otherwise, you can use a second short wire, move your source to it,
and place a *1:4 transformer* between that wire and the location of
your original source.

73,

    ... Joe, W4TV