[Antennaware] EZNEC how to model a 4:1 balun

Jay Terleski jayt at arraysolutions.com
Mon Mar 25 16:12:02 EDT 2024

Yes, If you use the SWR plot given by EZNEC you can place your curser on
the frequency you're interested in and it will give you the impedance
calculated at that frequency.  The source impedance is at the source not at
the end of the feedline so be careful.  A transmission line will act as a
transformer unless the source is the same Zo of the transmission line or if
you are not the 1/2 WL multiple.    I think you are overthinking your
problem David.   But if you really wanted to get into the details you
could create a model that had the coax cable feeding your balun included in
the model and place your source at the radio end of your coax model.

Jay Terleski
Array Solutions
214 954 7140