[CCF] W6UM sponsors SCA trophy for CQWW CW

Timo Timo" <timo.klimoff@kolumbus.fi
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 20:24:36 +0300

W6UM, Chas, is one of the most active calls from the US West Coast. He is also a big Scandinavian fan and is now sponsoring a trophy for Scandinavia in CQWWCW contest.

He writes:

"The trophy will be for cw. In honor of my father, now silent key, who used to be W6UA, previously W3FYS. He visited hams in all the Scandinavian countries several times, and loved that part of the world. Can't call it the W6UA trophy, because that call has been reassigned."

Chas visited in Slovenia/WRTC2000 and Ari and I had a chance to meet this wellknown callsign.

Timo, OH1NOA
"The mailman is keeping me posted."
Timo Klimoff                                 timo.klimoff@kolumbus.fi
++Ham/Search/Blake/Kewl at   http://www.qsl.net/oh1noa