[CCF] Re: Solar forecast update

Jan.E.Holm@telia.se Jan.E.Holm@telia.se
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 09:16:19 +0200

      Lord all mighty, it doesn´t look good at all. I better leave my
      radio alone and go beer drinking instead.

      de SM2EKM
-------------------------------

Forecast
The geomagnetic field is expected to be quiet to unsettled on October
26, quiet
to active on October 27 and unsettled to major storm on October 28. A
coronal
stream could cause unsettled to active conditions on October 29. Long
distance
medium wave (AM) band propagation along east-west paths over high and
upper
middle latitudes is fair to poor.

Ei hyvältä näytä, pelätään pahinta, toivotaan parasta.
Ennusteen pohjana lienee:"A full halo CME was observed in LASCO images,
the CME
will impact Earth, most likely on October 28. An above 10 MeV proton
event was
another result of the eruption, so far this proton event has peaked at
15 pfu"

http://www.dxlc.com/solar/

73 de OH1NOA

--
FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/ccffaq.html
Submissions:              ccf@contesting.com

 <<Fil: [CCF] Solar forecast update.TXT>>