[CCF] CQWW CW OH2BH SOAB HP

toni lindén oh2jte@luukku.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 15:57:42 +0300

                               CQ WW SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 24-Nov-01, 25-Nov-01

    Callsign Used : OH2BH
         Operator : OH2JTE

         Category : SOAB HP

 Default Exchange : 599 15

             Name : Toni Linden
          Address : Ohratie 16 E 218
   City/State/Zip : FIN-01370 Vantaa
          Country : Finland

        Team/Club : Contest Club Finland (CCF)

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Countries   Zones

  160CW      116         115        133        34         6
   80CW      278         276        319        50        10
   40CW      662         658       1218        79        28
   20CW     1062        1043       2501        89        32
   15CW      603         593       1148        76        30
   10CW      735         723       1419        89        31

 Totals     3456        3408       6738       417       137

    Final Score = 3732852 points.

 Soapbox Comments
 ________________

 I had really high expectations before the contest. I had set
 a new OH-record as my target and I was ready to fight for it
 whatever it took. I wasn`t even thinking about being number
 one in OH, I´ll be if I set a new record with
 a large enough margin - or at least I thought so.

 Almost everything was set up one week before the great event.
 The antennas were tested after one of the strongest storm ever in
 Finland, radios and amplifiers were set up and all looked to be
 OK. Of course something was left for a final adjust on Friday.

 At the start of the contest everything looked even too good.
 I had slept about seven hours before the test and all my gears
 were working absolutely fine.

 I was well ahead of OH1WZ´s (@OH5LF) old record on Saturday morning
 when I first lost the propagations and a few hours later my
 motivation. I saw that this wouldn´t be the year for a new record.

 When I realized that OH1WZ can keep his record, for some reason I
 stopped using the 2nd radio and S&P:ing. I only sat on my frequency
 and called CQ. You can realize what would happen then... The score
 didn´t matter anymore.

 Later when I heard the others´ scores, I felt really disappointed.
 I lost the game with quite a small margin and I could only blame
 myself. The technics worked fine all over the weekend, if you don´t
 count operating technique. Congratulations to OG1MM and OH0R!

 Hopefully this will be the most educative operation for me as a
 single op so far and maybe next year I´ll be back on business
 again as a bit tougher operator ;)

 This gave me again a good picture of what hamspirit can really be.
 My special thanks go to:
 - OH2BH & OH2BE
 - OH2BC (for FT1000MP)
 - OH2CV (for another FT1000MP)
 - OH2TA (for ACOM2000A)
 - OH3QK (for technical help, SO2R etc.)
 - And to my YL of course

 This is to certify that in the contest I have operated my
transmitter within
 the limitations of my license and have observed fully the rules and
 regulations of the contest.