[CCF] Working a contest where 200 Qs is a max

Erkki Heikkinen erkki.heikkinen at pp.inet.fi
Mon Oct 2 12:54:43 EDT 2006

DXer's view:

Today with computer aided logging many DXers consider working the same
stations year after year on the same bands a "dupe". Same phenomena with
all the contests, not only SAC. I for one am totally happy with just one
contest QSO if it is a new band/mode counter or a new IOTA.

An other factor for the declining (?) interest for shooting "everything
who calls cq contest" is the fact that the contesters are in many cases
the worst QSLers.

RSGB 21/28 is an interesting one as long as I need a band/mode
counter... I am afraid there are many of us oldtimers who are not easily
lingered just to give away the Qs for the fun of that - our PC quickly
tells us "you wasted 200 QSL cards without gaining a single counter in
your statistics".

I know I am selfish and totally bad - but why do they say DX IS and not
"contest is"?

Just my 2 cents.

Emppu OH2BF