[CCF] CQWW CW OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

Kim Östman kim.ostman at abo.fi
Mon Dec 1 06:36:35 EST 2008

                   CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH4A
Operator(s): OH6KZP
Station: OH4A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Kisko
Operating Time (hrs): 44
Radios: SO2R

 160:  656    19       57
  80: 1160    31       86
  40: 1066    33       97
  20:  815    34       97
  15:   99    25       60
  10:   11     5       10
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

While helping to maintain the OH6LI/OH4A station the weekend
before the contest, I wondered aloud where my traditional autumn
cold has been this year. Sure enough it turned up just in time for the
contest. Anyway, this was my first SOAB operation in CQWW from
a big station, so I guess my adrenaline level was running so high on
Friday evening that the cold just decided to disappear graciously.

Didn't want to submit myself to the full-fledged 48-hour torture (yet!),
so I opted for sleeping about 3.5 hours the second night. While at the
radios, though, I must say that the level of activity this contest generates
is nothing less than amazing. Bands were absolutely packed with stations,
well at least the ones that were open.

Low bands were great: Nice with some 160m and 80m W/JA action,
40m at times questionable but especially during daylight on Sunday it was
a fabulous DX band. High bands were a disappointment: 20m closed very
early both days, conditions on 15m marginal but still good for some
multiplier work. Even managed to squeeze two qsos to W for the double
mult.... 10m was just about non-existent.

Again nice to see the increasing activity of Chinese hams also on CW and
all the contest peditions. Missed some "easy" country multipliers, so that's
one thing to improve on. Thanks to all who QSYed to give a mult.

And thanks again to Jukka OH6LI for letting me work from his station; this
time he was firing up the 160m gear at OH0V.

http://www.hornucopia.com/3830score/