[CCF] [TOEC] SAC 2007 Results

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 05:40:45 EDT 2008

Hello Mikko,

Thanks for the answer and certainly I agree that constructive proposals is
better than "mocking" of organizers. However, the letter from my side does
not only reflect the desire to receive results, but was actually also
intended to be a teaser for everyone to think in the way of improving SAC
for the future. I have already tried to propose several new ideas how to
make SAC more attractive, but it seems that either my ideas were not good
enough - or there is no proper forum to receive and develop such proposals.

My personal opinion is that the delay of results is just another evidence
that all Scandinavian contest fans must finally sit down and come up with
ideas of how to modernize the administration of SAC. Even if we are
"amateurs" and that SAC is not a contest with life and blood as
components.... we still must have a desire to make this contest one of the
best organized in the global contest community. If we hide behind the
curtain of amateurism, we will never improve and this nice contest will
ultimately fade away, covered by QRM from all other contests.

In case you or anyone else did not have a chance to read my proposals for
SAC, here is a short summary of the old ideas, renewed by some recent
experience and thinking:

1. Remove the obsolete and unprofessional rotation of who is organizing the
contest.
2. Invite contesters from all the Nordic countries, plus SAC fans from other
parts of the world for the organization of a SAC contest committee.
3. Change the point system so that we can stimulate the participation from
closer regions, instead of nowadays, when contesters located just on the
other side of the European border is very much favoured due to higher points
on 40 and 80 meters
4. Possibly considering private or corporate sponsoring of trophies.
5. Make an official deadline when the final results should be ready (my
proposal maximum 6 months after the end of SAC SSB)
6. Make a deadline when diplomas and awards should be sent out to winners
(my proposal maximum 7 months after the end of the contest)
7. Create a Rookie class to stimulate newcomers and young contesters
participation.
8....
9....
10....

The intention was NOT to mock with people organizing SAC, BUT to actually
start a debate how we must change and modernize SAC, if we intend to keep
live in - and increase the popularity for the contest!

Looking forward to receiving the results of 2007 contest - AND to
participate in the 2008 contest!

73 de SM6LRR, Mats