[CCF] SAC 2007 Results

Mikko Pöyhönen mikko.poyhonen at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Jun 3 05:06:49 EDT 2008

> People are beginning to think what is really going on with
> the (sorry for
> the need to express it) *miserable* handling of SAC 2007
> results. To appear
> with a summary showing the impressive Finnish victory is
> always something,
> but come on guys... this has *not* been a very professional
> handling of the
> result process, right?

Mats,

Thanks for your concern and comments, I want to provide some comments due I
have been one of the organizers. Probably you have not seen the note on CCF
web site where we anticipate that scores will be out next week?  As Timo
already said there have not been too many volunteers helping with checking
process, yet the ones who have been helping have done their job perfectly.
Unfortunately we have been busy with other commitments and original schedule
was not met. Yes, we are also amateurs in this one but results will be out
soon and yes there still might be some discrepancies which will be corrected
eventually. My personal opinion is that instead of mocking organizers it
would better to provide constructive suggestions in order to improve the
whole process. I'd say automatic log submission process needs to be
implemented to this contest as well (like CQWW or CQ WPX are doing) Paper
logs are more or less history in modern contests so maybe some fine tuning
of contest rules is needed. Paper logs and incomplete logs submissions have
been major time consumer in this log checking process, I can tell.

I do understand that you (among the others) are eager to get the results
published as you were doing outstanding effort in past SAC. Well, you'll see
shortly how well you did.

73

Mikko OH4XX / OG7X