[CCF] Scandinavian Activity Contest 2009 Homepage activated

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 01:47:00 PDT 2009

Hello all Finnish Radiosport Friends!

We have the pleasure to inform you that the Scandinavian Activity Contest
2009 Homepage has been activated. Please have a look at :
http://www.qrq.se/sac/

A list for Announced Operations has been established and it would be great
to have as many OH stations listed on the following address:
http://qrq.se/sac/english/announce-your-sac-operations/

Already registered stations can be found on:
http://qrq.se/sac/english/announce-your-sac-operations/sac-2009-announced-operations/

This year, NRRL is organizing the SAC Contest and we are looking forward to
a big Nordic participation in SAC 2009!

The results of the marketing activities prior to the 50th Anniversary of SAC
(2008) were quite exciting when looking at the statistics.

The amount of foreign participants in the CW section increased by 60% (from
506 to 810 participants compared to the year before). The effort also paid
off for the SSB-section with an increase from 368 to 497 participants
(+35%). The smaller increase because of CQ WW RTTY Contest the same weekend.
These increases shows to me that there definitely is an effect to make PR
for our SAC Contest, and also that this Marketing would have a better chance
to be successful if we all quickly can agree to form a joint Nordic SAC
Contest Committee!

The results for SAC 2008 can be found on:
http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/res/r08saccs.htm

The paper awards from SSA have all been printed and will reach the large
majority of winners before the start of the 2009 contest. We have also
released a page where the Anniversary Awards can be downloaded for those who
qualified for them: http://www.qrq.se/sac/awards/

Plaques will be ordered by SSA soon, both for 2008 and those other years
when SSA unfortunately so far has failed to send plaques. We have a dialogue
with NRRL with an offer for them to purchase plaques for the years they also
have been unable to send plaques. We also hope if necessary that SRAL will
contact us with possible wishes for joint production for plaques that SRAL
have failed to deliver (2007 and 2003 if I am not mistaken). EDR (Danmark)
is the golden exception from the group SM, LA and OH. They have no backlog
of plaques and awards.
*
*We hope for another successful edition (the 51st) of SAC and hope for many
Finnish registrations in the Announced Operations list!

73 de R3/SM6LRR

(I plan to work as R3/SM6LRR in the CW sdection and as 7S2W (SM2EKM station)
in the SSB section)