[CCF] SAC SSB OH4A(OH6KZP) SOAB HP

Ilkka Korpela Ilkka.Korpela at Helsinki.fi
Sun Oct 10 23:45:08 PDT 2010

OH2BH; SOAB-HP; OH1WZ op.

WIN-TEST:

  BAND   QSO DUP MLTS  POINTS   AVG
-----------------------------------
    80   280   4   56     612  2.19
    40   456   4   66    1032  2.26
    20   707   1   76    1754  2.48
    15   423   3   67    1090  2.58
    10    21   0   11      44  2.10
-----------------------------------
TOTAL  1887  12  276    4532  2.40
===================================
       TOTAL SCORE : 1 250 832

SACTEST.NET: OH2BH 1885 4.535 280 1.269.800 OH1WZ

80:
My orders were to stay above 3775 kHz to avoid failure
of equipment due to high SWR. When above 3790 kHz, in most cases some
unidentifiable stations asked me to move down from
the dx-segment, which I thought was 3790-3800. I went
to 3783.

Other:
It was like sex the first time: I did not know which
buttons to press on the new radios, amps and other
boxes to get to the right feeling, but rushed with my act.
My first 10-m sked was an ok QSO (since I knew who was there
and what exchange to expect), but I was listening through
a 300-Hz filter (leftover of SAC CW by OH2UA), and it was
quite an effort to realize that it was the
cause to the somewhat difficult-to-grasp signals on 10!
( I had a pair of ft5000s)

Condx:
Seemed quite marginal, but a 7/7 (15) or a 6/6 (20) would still give
QSOs or a 3-el on 80.

Amps:
I had a pair of automatic OM-amps, which kindly, in 2-3 secs,
changed the settings from band to band. Didn't touch them but once
after a 2 sec local voltage break, which booted everything and
allowed visiting the fridge.

All mult-efforts were band changes - with a success rate somewhere
at 60-70%. On sunday desperately tried moving stns to 28 MHz, and
in most cases no QSO. A little tropo-cloud was somewhere above the
Baltic Sea, and dj4ax + pa2jwm + others came through with s9. 5r8 and
z21 were the dx on 28 mhz.

Aurora semed only moderate (actually the night was good in this
respect) but a flux of 74 is too low.

Missed OH0B and OJ0B on the bands.

I had as a target to beat OH8X, but let's see what Toni says. With
the absence of Aurora, Toni wasn't suffering too bad from it, and he
did not have any nighttime w/ve on 20 to gain.

Cheers all, oh1wz