[CCF] CQWW SSB OH2BH(OH6UM) SOAB HP

Luoma-aho Pasi Pasi.Luoma-aho at digia.com
Tue Nov 1 05:58:20 PDT 2011

                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH2BH
Operator(s): OH6UM
Station: OH2BH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Pusula
Operating Time (hrs): 47,5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  218     8       41
   80:  536    21       75
   40:  917    33      108
   20: 1302    36      100
   15: 1086    32      104
   10:  722    34       86
------------------------------

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

First of all, congrats to Kim/OH6KZP at OH8X and the gang at SJ2W for great
scores and domestic records!  North ruled!

With 10m open I bravely targeted to beat the OH SOAB record set last year at
OH8X, counting also on some night propagation on 20m.  First 10 hours went a
bit behind the schedule, mainly because of no 20m night openings, but the next
5 hours on 20-10m were great putting me above my score target curve.  After a
few decent hours on 40m the rates started to drop down and finally between
23-02z I was really struggling.  The bands had become disturbed and I couldn't
get runs going anywhere. Then 20m opened promisingly towards NA for two hours,
but down it went again. At this point I could barely hear Kim/OH8X on 20m, but
still well enough to understand that there was another play going on "behind
the northern curtains". Sadly I learned that Kim had to QRT quite some hours
too early.

Once 20-10m started to open up again also for me on Sunday morning I still
didn't get any good runs going anywhere and started to feel more and more
tired.  Or maybe it was vice versa.  Anyway, I seemed to "wake up" every time I
got a bit more action going on my frequency.  All in all Sunday produced only
few decent runs with one good but way too short exception around midnight on
20m.  I finally ended up just slightly below the 2010 claimed OH record, which
is nice, but left me hungry.

BIG thanks to Martti OH2BH for giving me this great operating opportunity.
Let's all go CW, which still IS, too !

73 de Pasi OH6UM